Monday, July 12, 2010

Dani's Single Serve Eggplant Parmesan

Usually in my house I do all the cooking and recipe creating but this past Shavuos, my husband Dani insisted on helping me. I wasn't feeling so well since it was the beginning of my pregnancy so his help was a welcome respite. I had planned to make eggplant parmesan for lunch and since it was just the two of us Dani came up with a single serve version that's great for one or two people or for a small amount of company. Since it's the 9 days and we're all looking for easy delicious dairy dinners I thought I'd share this great recipe with you.

Ingredients:

1 or 2 eggplants (depending on how many people you will be serving) cut into rounds
Bread crumbs
1 or 2 eggs beaten
Jarred marinara sauce of your choice
shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1-2 tbsps olive oil
Non-stick cooking spray

Take you eggplant rounds and dip them in the egg and then the bread crumbs. fry the eggplant slices until golden and brown drain on paper towels. Once cool enough to handle take two or three slices and on each slice place 1 tbsp marinara and a sprinkle of mozzarella then layer another slice on top and repeat and repeat again for a triple. Assemble as many stacks of these as you can. Using the same frying pan, spray it with non stick cooking spray add the eggplant stacks in and cover till the cheese melts.

Serve with some parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top, a good crusty loaf of Italian bread, and a garden salad.

Btai Avon!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Don't we just love when our husbands do the cooking! I started my food blog this week and I'm doing a dairy recipe a day...

http://mahzehtaim.wordpress.com/