Saturday, September 27, 2008

Apple Crisp

I started making this in high school and it has become one of my signature recipes. Whenever I seve this whether I make a big or small pan there is never any left. It is so easy and can be served as a side dish or desset with vanilla ice cream. It is best served immediately, but if you serve it on shabbos I suggest serving it cold otherwise the crust will turn mushy.

Ingredients
  • 10 apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • Cinnamon and Sugar (optional)

Topping

  • 1 stick margarine cold
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup flour

Place apples in pan. Pour prange juice over them and if you want cinnamon and sugar. In a medium bowl combine topping ingredients. Cut margarin in in pieces let sit for a few minutes and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a fork or your hands combine the topping ingredients by mashing the margarine with the dry ingredients till you get a crumbly texture. Sprinkle over the top of the apples and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. The topping should be golsden and the apples should be bubbling.

1 comment:

NJenn said...

I made this for my book club last night. I needed something fast and easy - this fit the bill (especially since I had all the ingredients on hand), even some organic apples that needed to get used. I got several requests for the recipe. Definitely a keeper!