Sunday, September 28, 2008

Spinach Salami Roll

I am a huge fan of the flavors of caramelized onions and roasted garlic. Both get sweeter throughout the cooking process and add amazing flavor to anything. I wanted an alternative to deli roll and I thought what if combined onions garlic and salami? I added spinach for color and to add a veggie and voila, I had a hit on my hands. It's so easy to make and you can roast the garlic ahead of time to save time when you actually make it. You'll find yourself coming back to this over and over because it's easy, tasty, and affordable.

Ingredients:
I cup Cubed Salami
1/2 Package frozen spinach
1 red onion caramelized
5-6 cloves roasted garlic
1 chicken bouillon cube dissolved in warm water. 
1 sheet phyllo dough
1 egg beaten 
sesame seeds
Mustard ( any type you like)


Preheat oven to 350F. Caramelize onions and roast garlic. add onions to spinach and saute spinach till wilted. Add in garlic and salami and saute for 5 minutes. pour boillon and stir occasionally till most of liquid is absorbed. remove from heat. place mixture on phyllo sheet flod sides in and seal with warm water. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds.  Bake for 35 mintes till puffed and golden.

To serve cut slices and place on a platter with a small bowl of mustard in the middle.

No comments: